Different Film Sim for Every Situation vs Only One

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nebeldiener
Nebeldiener Regular Member • Posts: 163
Different Film Sim for Every Situation vs Only One

Hi all,

When I switched from M43 to Fuji, I started out shooting RAW and post-processing every image. I know my way around Lightroom and Photoshop, that's not the problem. The problem for me is finding a color grade I like.

After giving up doing it manually, I switched to shooting RAW + JPEG and trying out different film sims. I ended up with Kodachrome Vintage from Fuji X Weekly

I liked it so much that I shot up to maybe 98% JPG only for my last project using solely this film sim.

Lately I start to dislike it a tiny bit, because I shot it too much. So I downloaded the new app and tried around until I found the Kodak Portra 160

I like it so much, that I'm thinking about switching to it entirely for a while.

How do you do it (talking about the ones primarily using the Fuji Film Sims)? Do you pick one recipe and shoot it until you had enough or do you have specific ones for every occasion (portrait, landscape, urban, desert, night, rain, etc.)?

Nebeldiener's gear list:Nebeldiener's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Panasonic GX850 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow