Z6II and AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Batska
Batska Junior Member • Posts: 33
Z6II and AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR

So I just took the plunge and ordered the Z6II with the 24-70mm kit lens. After going back and forth between the Sony A7c and the Z6II, the (hopefully true) rumors of the big September firmware update and the wish to stay with Nikon glass (all the reviews of the Z mount glass I really want are nothing but superlative) I finally decided that a little extra money was worth sticking with Nikon, whose customer service and solid products have never let me down.

I've got the FTZ adapter on order from KEH. I plan on using the Z6II for everything I don't use my D500 for...the D500 and the Nikkor AF-S 200-500mm is in my mind still an unbeatable combination for wildlife and outdoor sports shooting, which is my main interest, and if there is one camera I will never sell or trade-in it is my D500. However, I am really looking forward to using the Z6II for travel, macro, astrophotography, and landscapes.

Just out of curiosity....are there any folks out there that have used the 200-500mm with the adapter on any of the Nikon Z FF bodies? I've heard on some sites and forums that the AF sometimes is a bit clunky or slow with the adapter and the F-Mount lenses....just wondering if true, and to what degree?

Thanks much, in advance!

Batska's gear list:Batska's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Nikon D500 Nikon Z50 Nikon Z6 II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +11 more
Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Nikon D500 Nikon Z6 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow