olympus repair or stay with canon

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bracken 1616 New Member • Posts: 1
olympus repair or stay with canon

Hi all I bought an Olympus om-d em 5mkii 8 months ago new from a camera shop as a walk about camera and love it for that use and to see about a move from canon to Olympus. I have not given it an excessive  amount off use but the rear screen has failed already and it was sent back to Olympus digital solutions for repair under warranty.

Contacted digital solutions 25 days after return asking about any progress, the reply was that the camera was still in transit still with Cycleon the courier still in the uk.

30 days since parcel was sent away and the repair centre in Portugal I believe have still not recorded receiving my camera.

I am wondering if the courier keeps hold of all goods until their is sufficient quantity to send back in one go for repairs.

It was a good job I had kept all my canon gear as I was going away to Iceland but not with Olympus kit very concerned about a move to Olympus from canon is not going to happen any longer.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow