3rd Party R5 Battery Grip?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
landscaper1
OP landscaper1 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,009
Re: 3rd Party R5 Battery Grip?

bernie r wrote:

landscaper1 wrote:

Has anyone seen a battery grip for the R5 from a 3rd party source? There's just no way I'm going to spend $300+ for a Canon R5 battery grip.

Might sound a little harsh but dude, you spent $4K on a camera, buy the battery grip if you want reliability... I also assume you haven't purchased a good CFExpress card either.

Bernie, your equipment list shows you obviously have the means to afford the kind of equipment I can't even afford to dream about ever getting. It might help if I explain a couple of things. First, I'm 75 and living on my monthly SS check. Second, the only reason I could afford the R5 was the $3000 I netted from the sale of my EOS R and 5Dsr.

Finally, my shooting style is very different from most folks. I'm spend more time thinking about my images and best positions than I do shooting. For example, in one shooting session with about 7 other serious photographers I managed to fire off about two dozen images while others mentioned anywhere from 150 to 200 each.

-- hide signature --

Landscaper 1
-----
"Open up your eyes and look around you.
There's a lotta world you've never seen." Pan American Airlines radio commercial

landscaper1's gear list:landscaper1's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Samyang 35mm F1.4 Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 Venus Laowa 12mm F2.8 Zero-D Epson Stylus Photo R2880 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow