Protective bracket for Micro HDMI and microphone cables

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Joe Lynch Senior Member • Posts: 2,296
Protective bracket for Micro HDMI and microphone cables

I use an Olympus E-M5iii body with an L bracket/grip for video on a tripod.  I also use an external monitor and a tripod in the field.  This arrangement is fragile in many ways, but the one I have always been concerned about it the HDMI connection at the camera body.  I modified a small angle bracket from the local hardware store to cover the connection and to provide a way to tie wrap a short micro HDMI to standard HDMI cable to minimize chances of damaging the camera if and when the cable is jerked.  The bracket also covers an angled mic cable to minimize chances of pulling it out accidentally.

The craftsmanship here is not pretty, I did the best I could with what I had.  But the brackets are functional.  At a minimum, perhaps it will give others an idea for their own simple bracket design.

Joe Lynch's gear list:Joe Lynch's gear list
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 Olympus 150-400mm F4.5 TC 1.25x +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow