My take on the RF 800mm f/11 DO IS STM for birds

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP BirdShooter7 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,037
Re: My take on the RF 800mm f/11 DO IS STM for birds

robgendreau wrote:

BirdShooter7 wrote:

MyReality wrote:

Great shots. Glad to hear that you did not let yourself be ruled by f11 fear. I use it regularly for birding.

Yes, first it was megapixel fear, then high iso fear and now f/11 fear. Making progress here

Heh. Brilliant review; much appreciated. And stunning bird photos. Canon ought to sponsor you. Not just for the review, just for the images. Seriously. I learned more from this post than from many of their sponsored ambassadors.

Canon really is changing things up with the RF lenses. It's more than just "oh, yet another mount I have to buy." And that's especially true with these non L lenses. I have the 35mm and had some similar misgivings, thinking it would be compromised. But it's fantastic, even in semi macro use, which can really show flaws. I have the 24-240 too, and for a ridiculously long focal range I thought it would be trash and I'd return it...but I still haven't.

Definitely this new gear really is good but does require a bit of an open mind.  I’m really glad I gave the 800 a chance.  Lol it only took me a year!

-- hide signature --

Some of my bird photos can be viewed here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gregsbirds/

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow