Digitizing Negatives

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hubcap91
hubcap91 New Member • Posts: 24
Digitizing Negatives

Hello everyone,

Firstly I'm sorry if this may be the wrong place to post this and I hope it can moved to the correct place if necessary - I'm new to this forum.

I'd like some input from anyone who is familiar with working and digitizing film. I recently came across several boxes with negatives and have started a project to digitize these and share them with family.

I'm using an Epson V600 scanner and SilverFast both of which have received very good reviews and have already scanned about 10 rolls of film.

While reviewing the negatives I noticed that many of them have scratches. This is quite unusual to me as I am very sure they have never been touched since they came out of the films labs and were wrapped in plastic sleeves since the 1980s.

Could someone please explain why there are scratches on negatives which I don't see on the enlarged paper prints?

Thanks!
HubCap91

hubcap91's gear list:hubcap91's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 35mm F1.8G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow