***July 18, 2021 - July 24, 2021 Weekly Show, Tell, and Critique***

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
KBTinto Senior Member • Posts: 2,839
Re: ***July 18, 2021 - July 24, 2021 Weekly Show, Tell, and Critique***

In a way I was glad the setting sun never peeked through the clouds when I went at the last hour to Manhattan 42nd St for the Manhattanhenge .. it was partly cloudy when I left my place and I thought Long Island City would be too crowded and so I went for 42nd St.   It was totally clouded over by the time I got there.

A so so pic but I wanted to show where I was in relation to the prime spot ..

Thought I'd get a pic or two if I get a brief opening like this and stretched my arms way above my head .. NJ on the other side of the Hudson River, we're close to 1st Av.  near the East River

Then as sunset time approached I noticed this guy shootong his video so I took a pic and noticed a dark shape behind him blocking the view ..

Whoops .. she stood there until after the sunset time had passed .. she looked back at the people she blocked once or twice,  talked to her assistant and continued to block the view as she waited camera at the ready .. I was glad the sun didn't show up that day    this shot was taken with my arms fully extended above my head

Long Island City across the East River wasn't crowded at all  a 2x digital zoom

When I left, some folks  were still there

Took a pic of a steamy NYC street/ave.   as I headed for the subway

KBTinto's gear list:KBTinto's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S6000 Sony RX100 II Sony a6000 Sony a6300 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow