Does anyone else like mucking about with older cameras?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
jalywol
jalywol Forum Pro • Posts: 11,062
No, but....

I do have a Fuji Instax Mini LiPlay, for instant prints when I am with family.....

I got a Mini 7S on a Black Friday whim, from Adorama, and it was just a  blast, but I couldn't quite get used to how wasteful it was, since there was no way to see if what you shot was any good without printing it.  So I treated myself to the digital version, which is more like a regular basic digital camera  that lets you print if you want, or you can save to a card and then send things off digitally if you download them.  It's a lot of fun.

But old M43 stuff?  No.

I tried that once, and it was enough.  I had had a GH2, which I loved, and sold it to move on to a newer M43 (I forget which one).  About a year and a half later, B&H had a huge special on a batch of new GH2 bodies they got as a closeout, so I leapt at the chance to get one back.  Unfortunately, technology had really moved on enough at that point that I found its output a bit limited compared to whatever I had been using in the interim.  It crushed shadows and its ISO capabilities were quite limited compared to later M43 models, and the comparison was surprisingly shocking.  So, I returned it.  That cured me of looking backward.....

-J

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow