Does anyone else like mucking about with older cameras?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ab Latchin Senior Member • Posts: 2,000
Does anyone else like mucking about with older cameras?

This image says it all

A selection of Olympus bodies from over the years

Some of these are mine, a couple are now used my by sons (10 and 7, the 1 year old will have to wait) and one my wife’s, which gets little use these days.

I really do appreciate the new em1.2 bodies and lenses. Small, light, versatile. The IBIS is second to none, evf shows great previews etc. But I enjoy picking up older cameras, shooting with them a bit for fun.

Immediately you see how great we have it today, the ep3 was released… I don’t know, 10 years ago… the e3 more like 14-ish. But I still like the look of the images they produce. Currently I am enjoying the ep3, configured as above. I even turn off the noise reduction and simply think about it like film.

What are your guilty (and noisy) older cameras pleasures?

ps. I was thinking of doing a bolted down IQ test to see how far we have come since the e1, I have versions of each m43rds sensor excerpt the 8mp one. So 5,10,12,16 and 20. I will probably do it just for the cathartic exercise!

Olympus E-3 Olympus E-M1 Olympus PEN E-P3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow