Olympus E-M5 III; got it on sale, here's my impression

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
CR1975 Forum Member • Posts: 82
Re: Olympus E-M5 III; got it on sale, here's my impression

Samuel Dilworth wrote:

john isaacs wrote:

Flash. It comes with the same flash as the E-M5.2. Normally I wouldn't mention this (it's a great little flash, but still, it's the same). It didn't come with the velvet case, but you don't even get one with the E-M1.3, so this falls under "good" as in "good, at least you still get the flash".

For what it’s worth, my camera did come with a neat little pouch for the flash.

Was this the pouch for the flash?  at first i thought it was a little polishing cloth until i opened up the little ziplock bag and found out what it actually was.  The velvet cases are nicer but i guess better than nothing!

Mine was from B&H and US Stock , i assume.

mine also was circa Dec 2019 as well, so not sure exactly what was or not included.  I cannot believe they would sell the camera without the little Flash though.  There would be an uproar (or at least a little one)

Of course my camera was EU stock, and maybe there are some minor differences like this.

Alternatively, maybe the pouch was removed to save costs? I say this because I was slightly surprised to see that my E-M5 Mark III was manufactured way back in December 2019 according to the hidden service menu:

https://www.apotelyt.com/camera-find/olympus-mft-shutter-count

I was more surprised still to find the flash. I hadn’t realised that was included. The fact I bought the camera anyway suggests that a more significant cost saving than removing the pouch would be to remove the flash.

-- hide signature --

===
Shooting an Olympus in Vancouver, BC!

CR1975's gear list:CR1975's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 III Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow