ON1 NoNoise AI not working well with my Fuji X-T3 raw images

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TwoMetreBill Senior Member • Posts: 1,948
ON1 NoNoise AI not working well with my Fuji X-T3 raw images

This is a duplicate of my posting to a thread in the Retouching forum, couldn't figure out how to just reference it.

Downloaded the trial and applied the update, initial results on Windows for mostly raw images from Fuji and Nikon cameras; conclusions:

1. severe artifacts on some but not most Fuji X-T3 images. No adjustment of the sliders gets rid of these artifacts. See attachments. My favorite settings are AUTO ON for noise reduction and 20 for both Sharpening Amount and Detail.
  2. running in standalone mode for a batch of images, cannot select more than one image at a time: Ctrl-Click and Shift-Click don't do anything.
  3. running in standalone mode for a batch of images, no way to scroll the film strip.
  4. dramatically faster than Topaz but more mushing of detail. They have the right idea with noise reduction and sharpening in a single product. Because my video card lacks enough VRAM for Topaz Sharpen AI, it takes minutes to completely process each image. Have not tried the new DeNoise AI batch process yet because it doesn't work on RAW images.
  5. So for now, Topaz wins for quality and ON1 for workflow. Also, ON1 wants $60/year for their user forum, what are they thinking? $60/year for the software and forum, fine but not for just the forum.
  6. Net, lots of rough edges in NoNoise AI, feels like a Beta product. Not that Topaz doesn't need some work but it's superior for now though I do like the NoNoise workflow.

Lastly, an ISO 6400 image from the X-T3 processed with Topaz DeNoise AI, downsized for attaching to the thread.  1/1000th of a second due to the wind.

ISO 6400, Fuji X-T3 , 18-135 lens, Topaz  DeNoise AI

-- hide signature --

Bill

TwoMetreBill's gear list:TwoMetreBill's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujifilm XF 70-300 F4-5.6 R LM OIS WR +2 more
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow