Trying something different .... than what I usually do.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Raymond Cho Senior Member • Posts: 2,394
Trying something different .... than what I usually do.

Have any of you who do photography in a certain way and you stick to that?

I have some prime lenses but I have not used them much. I am primarily a cityscape landscape shooter but I do try to shoot more generally walkabout style. Even with pre-covid when I have travelled I had a travel tripod. I even held on the tripod for the whole day and I deploy it in the later hours and bc going back to the hotel to get it wastes time. In the daytime I stuck with F5.6 with a quick shutter speed, base ISO. Other times I break out the tripod, stick with base ISO and F8 or F11.

Now I am trying to do less of that, to not take a tripod with me unless it is a location I purposely set out to do and shoot it quick and move on. Also by doing what I have done, I ended up with less shots. Even with overseas, I might delay dinner and venture out under a sunset or twilight sky and shoot this building or this lake and I just end up with 2 or 3 final edited images.  Overall with the trip is I might have a couple of vantage points shot with a tripod but I have some but not much general travel shots.  I looking back I didn't have as much of a travel experience or capture that experience but I was walking around with my tripod shooting buidlings, lakes, bridges etc in the good light golden hour.

Cheers.

Raymond Cho's gear list:Raymond Cho's gear list
Ricoh GR Nikon D70 Nikon D600 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow