Reasonable Sale Price for Sigma 150-600 Contemporary

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gam3r01 Forum Member • Posts: 73
Reasonable Sale Price for Sigma 150-600 Contemporary

After months of waiting to buy this lens I finally did about 6 months ago, I thought I would really enjoy it and use it to its potential, but I've probably used it less than 10 times in 6 months.

It does great when I used it, but I've realized I dont often shoot or dont enjoy the final product as much as I thought I would (I tend to land squarely in the 24-35mm and the 120-240mm range for 85% of my shots that I've actually gone back to look at more than once) it seems to me the desire to get more reach was just a gimmick for my own entertainment that was not worth the 899+200 dollar investment

On to the question, what would be an acceptable listing price for a barely used 150-600C? Im seeing a wide range of prices so im not sure what's actually reasonable. For fun I got a quote at B&H for 375. I think not.

I plan to ditch the lens and use the money for a fast wide angle lens as the area I've noticed really suffered lately is indoors at low light (I had to shoot our aquarium trip at 6400-12800 ISO). Been eyeing the sigma 20mm f/1.4 but im open to other ideas too.

Gam3r01's gear list:Gam3r01's gear list
Canon EOS RP Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow