Sony A7 ii with MC-11, AF-C not working when shooting/full press

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
ohaya
ohaya Regular Member • Posts: 403
Sony A7 ii with MC-11, AF-C not working when shooting/full press

Hi,

I have an A7 ii, firmware version 4.01, and trying it with an MC-11 adapter and a Canon EF 90-300mm lens.  The camera is set for AF-C and continuous LO.  The focus point is set to Center.

If I half press the shutter button, and point it at different things, I can see that the AF-C is working, i.e., the camera re-focuses.

However, if I full press the shutter button and point the camera to different targets, the camera does not re-focus (it keeps taking pictures, but doesn't change focus).

Also, when I half-press the shutter button, and the camera focuses, it is showing several small green squares.

I also have a native Sony 28-70, and when I use that the camera does re-focus correctly, even with the shutter button full-pressed.

I'm hoping that there is some some setting, or settings, that is/are incorrect, but I cannot figure what that might be.

Can someone tell me what that might be?

Thanks!

ohaya's gear list:ohaya's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Olympus E-M5 II Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T30 Canon EOS 90D
Sony a7 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow