Camera recs for 1080 60p video, please?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
arugula New Member • Posts: 16
Camera recs for 1080 60p video, please?

I hope this is the right place for a noob to ask for camera recs? I’m looking for a camera (not camcorder) that will take really good 1080 60p videos, with reliable focus, steady shot that will make video look smooth and doesn’t fight against camera panning, can zoom from 24-240 (or at least 200) mm equivalent, is small and light, probably a compact zoom.   A very small interchangeable lens camera that meets all my criteria above would also be considered. I understand the image quality won’t compare with the DSLRs or full frames.

I have used Sony RX100m7 in the past, but this tiny camera shakes like a leaf in my clumsy hands, even with Sony intelligent active (maximum) stabilization. Internet seems to suggest Olympus and Panasonic have better stabilization, but less reliable focus. I was willing to risk the questionable focus, but dpreview’s review found that Panasonic TZ100 has stabilization that fights against camera panning and produces jumpy video, and that was supposed to be one of the strengths of the camera for me. Now I wonder if the sort of camera stabilization camera manufacturers have in mind is NOT the one I need while panning a camera left and right? Has this 'jumpy video while panning' happened to other people here, and is that something I should expect with all the Panasonics?

Any brand will do. I’m open to all suggestions. One of the cameras I was so excited to read had good focus and stabilization and the zoom I need, the Olympus SH2, is sadly no longer available. So cameras that I can actually get my hands on would be even better.

Caveat, I’ve used my friend’s Sony RX10M4 --great camera, but I am looking for something smaller and lighter, please. Plus the stabilization on this camera isn’t enough for my shaky hands either.

Thank you all for teaching me.

Olympus Stylus SH-2 Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow