Pulled the Trigger on R6

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Look595Rider New Member • Posts: 24
Pulled the Trigger on R6

I ordered my R6 today and will be selling off my 7DMkII and Eos R. I was vacillating between the R6 and R5, but just couldn't justify the extra expense as a hobbyist photographer. The almost $2000 savings (after CFExpress card) will be put towards a nice little vacation where I can take pics of the dog and kids with the R6. Maybe some will go toward the tele zoom I'll pick up.

I'm still not thrilled about giving up the resolution and cropability compared to the R, but 'll be fine I think. About 1/3 of my shots were with the 7D, so I'm really not experiencing a resolution drop there. I figure I gain more in autofocus and low light with the R6 versus the R than I lose. At least that's the calculus in my head.

Look595Rider's gear list:Look595Rider's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS R Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +2 more
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow