Affordable lenses that work with Follow Focus (edelkrone focus plus pro)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jakkeeee Regular Member • Posts: 119
Affordable lenses that work with Follow Focus (edelkrone focus plus pro)

Hey guys!

I currently have a sony a7iii with tamron 17-28 and tamron 28-70 lenses. I think they are great lenses but I just got the edelkrone jibone with panpro, headplus pro v2 and focus plus pro. I mostly use my camera these days for my youtube channel so talking head and broll stuff as well as reels and other content on instagram. This camera setup has served me well for the past 2 years or so, but when I originally purchased it i was only doing photography.

Some of the reviews I was watching on the jibone and focus plus pro were using it with focus by wire lenses and while they were saying you might have inconsistent results it does work. I bought the FollowFocusGear ring for my tamron and using it with the focus plus pro itll work sometimes and only once and then it will either spin way too much before doing a move or just not work at all.

I recently purchased a rokinon cine ds 85mm lens used just to try because i liked shooting broll at 75mm on the tamron, but didn't realize that the minimum focus distance on the tamron is much closer and the one on the rokinon is about 3.6 ft which is atrocious and almost unusable. The follow focus with it works great though.

I was thinking about just getting some of the wider focal length rokinon lenses but I would honestly love to have a zoom cine lens or some zoom that works well with the follow focus system. Unfortunately I can't really afford to spend the 3-5k for a good zoom cine lens right now.

My dilema is that I still do photography of products and stuff for my instagram page and it would be nice to be able to sell the tamron lenses for lenses that work more for video and the follow focus but I wouldn't be able to if they don't also work well for photos. I was looking at the sigma 18 to 35 f/1.8 because it seems to have hard stops for focusing but I am not sure if it really does. I'd also need the canon to e mount adapter for it. Does anyone know if this actually has hard stops when manual focusing and will work with the focusplus pro? or are there any decent zoom lenses with hard stops that aren't extremely expensive? I'd like autofocus for photos as well as certain video situations still I think so wouldn't want to sell my lenses and go all manual.

Thanks!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow