Is it Pentax mistake? Locked

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
DougOB
DougOB Senior Member • Posts: 2,346
Re: Never decent AF? Really?

Roland Karlsson wrote:

Jon Schick wrote:

I don’t agree. And I worry that people who don’t own and perhaps haven’t used the camera need to be a bit careful with repeating these kinds of comments.

GPS would be nice to have too, although people can link to their phones or use the O GPS unit so all is not lost. If this was a sacrifice to get the new viewfinder, in my view it was probably worth it

Not for me, I really like GPS, and it is the main reason why I have not bought K-3 III, the other being that I mainly use FF.

The mobile phone solution I would not fancy. I do not really think it is a workable solution. Too complicated and too unreliable and mobile phones to strange stuff when finding the position in order to save battery.

The O-GPS1 is a kind of solution. But I find it bulky. And it has limited battery time.

Please take this question with a large dose of smiley faces...

You are OK with the extra size of the K-1 and FF lenses, but O-GPS1 on APS-C is bulky?

But yes a modern, smaller unit with low power consumption would be nice.  We will see what the new O-GPS2 delivers.

Doug

DougOB's gear list:DougOB's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 Pentax Q-S1 Pentax K-70 Pentax KP +34 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow