How to Play A1 8K Video

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Regular Member • Posts: 217
Re: How to Play A1 8K Video

aramirabob wrote:

I have an iMac Pro 27inch. It will not play my A1's 8K video using either Quicktime or the latest VLC. Funnily enough they will play on my MacBook Air with the M1 chip. Any ideas?

Do you have the latest Mac OS on the iMac?   How old is it?

The M1 chip is a miracle for 8K video.  I can play 8K RAW, 4:2:2 and 4:2:0 with no issues using it.   Your iMac has an older chip, but still should play the video (possibly with stuttering).

I'd look into making sure your OS is up to date.   Or even better getting a large monitor for you mack book air, getting a mac mini with a 27 inch or larger monitor, or the new 24 inch iMac.

8K video is really helpful too.   I use Final cut and its very easy to edit.    You can take wider shots and crop them, and even crop to make close ups.   This saves you from buying larger more expensive lenses    You can also add a little more stabilization, center subjects (or move them to rule of thirds locations), and level video without dropping well below 4K resolution.  There are too many benefits to mention here, but enjoy!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow