Arctic beauty

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Lasse Eisele
OP Lasse Eisele Senior Member • Posts: 2,028
Re: People have done it before focus stacking

G1Houston wrote:

Lasse Eisele wrote:

Well, Sony cameras can't do focus bracketing at all. The same goes for Canon, as far as I know. Nikon Z cameras can do it, but the implementation is poor and it is near impossible to do handheld bracketing (I was on a steep hillside with the camera at ground level – no way to set up a tripod).

But I was probably wrong anyway. It seems like the Panasonic L-mount cameras can do it.

It just requires proper knowledge of DOF and framing.

https://www.outdoorphotographer.com/tips-techniques/nature-landscapes/wildflower-photography-tips/

Some very beautiful images there, but you're wrong. Kevin wasn't very close to the flowers, so he could get away with hyperfocal distance and a small aperture.

The flowers in my picture were small and I was very close to them. I'll show you one of the images from the bracketing sequence, taken at f/8 (f/16 in FF equivalents).

Straight out of camera

If you zoom in, you'll find that the DOF isn't even enough to cover a single flower. There's absolutely no way you could get the entire image sharp without focus stacking.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow