Any experience with tent camping out of a photography backpack?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Green Lens Creations
Green Lens Creations Forum Member • Posts: 66
Any experience with tent camping out of a photography backpack?

I am interested in trying out a large capacity bag with my ultralight camping gear and would love any feedback from anyone who has experience with bags 50L and up.. Among the top on my list are the f-stop 50L and 70L bags and the mindshift rotation 50L+ which is basically 10L camera + 45L volume with tons of modular connections and clever space saving features. So if anyone has experience with any of these bags in general I would also appreciate the advice.

In addition to my camera kit I will be bringing my Nemo Dagger 2P tent with footprint, EE Convert 0* quilt, Tensor sleeping pad, and Nemo moonlite chair, among other odds and ends and consumables. For those unfamiliar with compact ultralight camping this probably seems impossible to fit in most bags in general, but between design, straps, and and compression, they easily can. It really comes down to weight and practicality which is what I am trying to figure out before I am in the middle of the woods. If any of the gear I listed is familiar please let me know if you think this would be possible, but more importantly practical, to bring combine with a compact kit like 1 DSLR + 2-3 small/mid-size lenses or 1 large + 1 small. Thanks for any input

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow