3rd Party R5 Battery Grip?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Mark B.
Mark B. Forum Pro • Posts: 28,294
Re: 3rd Party R5 Battery Grip?

Fab-BZH wrote:

I haven't seen any third party grip at this time for the R5.

Considering the cost of an R5 and the possibility to create error messages on the camera with a accessory that is not certified or 100% compatible with the R5, I bought the genuine grip for my R5. It's perfectly designed and secure, which is exactly what I want : trusting my gear !
I've been putting battery grips since I've been owning a 20D (in 2005) and put a 100-400 on it. I've always bought Canon grips and never had any problem with them. Personnaly I don't want any risk for my cameras.
There are many different third party grip manufacturers, but imagine that you put your camera (with noname grip) on a tripod, with your new marvellous RF 85f/1.2, and the tripod screw of the grip breaks suddenly because of a design flaw... Is it worth to spend half the price in a grip ?

I've used 3rd party grips on my 7D II and 80D, never had a problem at all. I've only used ones, however, that were already favorably reviewed. I am using a 3rd party EF-RF adapter (Vitrox) and have had no problems.

That said, at the moment there are no 3rd party grips available for the R5 or R6.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow