Whats the deal with canon lenses‽ (what to look for)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dreyko
dreyko Contributing Member • Posts: 626
Whats the deal with canon lenses‽ (what to look for)

Hello all,

I am starting to adapt some Canon glass to my current rig, and know very little about Canons lenses. Ive been shooting Nikon for ages and know what lenses to be wary of and am looking for similar info here.

I know that ef lenses are full frame and ef-s are crop but beyond that I know very little.

With nikon early af-s lenses are prone to autofocus failure and the motors are hard to come by. Some of the early af lenses are common to have cemented elements become hazy over time. Some zooms commonly jam at a specific focal length.

What should I look out for with canon? I am looking at mostly used. Mostly primes from the late 90's or early 2000s.

I have ordered a 200mm 2.8 l ii, looking at the 135mm f2, 16-35mm 2.8, and similar vintage glass.

Thanks!

dreyko's gear list:dreyko's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow