New CAF Engine in Panasonic GH5M2 seem to work well

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Interceptor121 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,404
Re: Thank you

no problem and you are right

The experiment at 1.2 was interesting and the guy who put the point forward obviously ran out of topics after some digression and confusion about depth of field and equivalence

What seems to be misunderstood is that I am not trying to see what is the fastest burst but to find out if subject detection works

in my years of working with camera I always found them to be pretty dumb. If I have to spend money to get a camera that requires me to use a single focus point and to make sure I am always placing the target on it is a bit disappointing

subject detection now works looking at the focus point the camera makes some very good calls even at f/1.2 and the face/body is moving into the frame

For reason unknown the specs say that even in burst High speed it will keep 7 fps with eshutter which is my use case and need to go to mechanical to get to 9. I have no idea why that would be however I even shoot birds at 7 fps most times so that doesn’t bother me. At most I go to 9-10 fps even when I had the EM1MKII as otherwise the EVF was blackout most of the time

it would be good if it could do 9 fps in eshutter can’t see why is  not possible. At 9 fps however it will use predictions

Interceptor121's gear list:Interceptor121's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5 II Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow