Choosing a telephoto zoom for my R6 / R5

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
gh172 New Member • Posts: 20
Re: Choosing a telephoto zoom for my R6 / R5

I'm currently using a RP. At first I was shooting with my EF70-200 f2.8 IS II which works perfectly with the RP. As I've started to photograph more birds I wanted to get something with more reach. I would have loved the RF 100-500MM or even the Canon 100-400mm II, I but couldn't justify the cost for MY my use as here in Australia , even the 100-400mm Canon was three times the price of the Sigma and Tamron. I decided to take a budget option . After reading and watching a ton of reviews I had narrowed my choice down to two. The Sigma 100-400mm Contemporary and the Tamron 100-400mm SP. I assumed following the reviews that I'd end up picking up the Tamron, but surprisingly, after testing both of them on my camera back to back , I was a little blown away with the Sigma! Since acquiring it I have loved the results I've been getting with it. Dare I say it, even better than with my Canon 70-200 f2.8 II !! Maybe I've been lucky in getting great copy but all I can say that it's fantastic value for money. I'd imagine it would be even better on the R6!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow