Best pocketable point and shoot camera

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ss3walkman Forum Member • Posts: 82
Best pocketable point and shoot camera

I have a question and I hope you can give an unbiased answer. After getting rid of all my cameras and focusing on my work as a teacher, I’m looking to get back into photography. I’m starting slow and currently only looking for a nice, well rounded pocketable point and shoot camera.

The camera would be used for both travel and street shots. Portraits and night shots. Landscapes and indoor captures of my frenchie - video isn’t important as 1080p will suffice.

I’ve been looking at everything! Cameras such as the Ricoh GR II and III, Sony RX100 vii, Fugifilm XF10 and X100f, Canon G5X II and G7X iii, and many others.

Of all point and shoot camera - not just the ones listed - which would you recommend overall? Additionally, which camera would you recommend on a budget? Ideally I’d like to pay under $500 for a used camera. However, I’m willing to pay up to $800 for a used camera if it’s really worth the extra money.

I hope you have the capacity to respond. I’d appreciate it. Thanks!

Canon PowerShot G5 X Canon PowerShot G7 X Fujifilm X100F Ricoh GR II Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow