Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
maltmoose Senior Member • Posts: 2,615
Re: Capture One - latest update

Jestertheclown wrote:

maltmoose wrote:

Jestertheclown wrote:

contadorfan wrote:

Uh oh, not liking the new Export tab.

First of all I like putting the tools on the right side to consolidate the most used features between tool bar & tabs without having to jump all over the screen to click on things. It minimizes mouse movement (I'm getting repetitive use issues) & keeps the cursor from crossing into the big picture too often.

I feel your pain.

I too have the tools placed on the right. I'll get used to this new window, of course but I would like the option to move it around.

I used to add the Process icon to the tool bar

Same here. At the moment, I'm missing it!

or add it to the Quick tab. When I finished editing a raw file, I'd Process the file, sending it the resulting jpeg to the source file. This meant processing one file at a time, but that way I never overwhelmed my computer. It only took, at most, 15 seconds to process a file, and I could move on to the next raw to decide what edits it needed while the previous file processed. Accessing the Process icons were quick & easy, and my computer didn't rev up, choking on processing a bunch of files.

Now that option is gone. The only option is to click on the Export tab waaaaay up in the left corner (or a 3 finger key combo). I don't think I want to do that for single files every time they need processing. Which means I have to batch process/export.

I almost always process and export as a batch so for me that's not an issue but I need to get used to pressing "Export" instead of "Process."

So far, I've only tried it a couple of times. I'm sure it'll come.

Which means a sluggish computer & the fan revving up.

I always get that, and it can be annoying. Unfortunately, my computer copes with just about everything else that I throw at it pretty well so I can't really justify a replacement just because of C1!

Admittedly, I haven't tried exporting batches of files yet. Maybe it won't be so bad. But I'm not optimistic, and I miss my old work habit already. Wish I could at least drag the Export icon over to the right instead of clicking on the upper left to open, then clicking on the lower right to complete. Inefficient ergonomics.

"It's good to be . . . . . . . . . Me!"

Not sure i quite follow all this.

Dont forget to save and load your workspaces as needed, mine was mostly the same after the upgrade.

Yes. Mine is unchanged.

You can always add the open export dialog to the tool bar on the right.

How do I do that? I can't see that as an option anywhere. Actually, I'd quite like the "Process" button back up there as well.

Right click on the top toolbar where the menus and icons are and choose customise.

Then you can add the export dialog box button. (ive moved mine to the far right)

There is no process button now but you can right click the export dialog box button instead. no need to open the export dialog box once setup. hope that makes sense.

If you right click on it you can export with previous settings or ctrl+D and it just exports without opening the export dialog.

Yes but that's not the way that I want do it.

better get used to it now its really no bother once setup.

Its not all rosy with the export dialog though. I'm sure there used to be a copyright option in the export section?

Not sure about that. To be honest, I've never bothered with copyright tools.

Still reviewing some bits.

magic brush works very well.

I noticed a bug with the stacked styles not stacking and unstacking correctly initially from a previous version styles.

"It's good to be . . . . . . . . . Me!"

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow