Z50 owner, mainly shooting stills - need help with a future roadmap

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Barnie25 Forum Member • Posts: 86
Z50 owner, mainly shooting stills - need help with a future roadmap

At the end of june I bought a Z50 with the 16-50 kit lens and a Z 50mm 1.8S as I finally decided to take the leap from smartphone to mirrorless. Since then I have been shooting non-stop. I mainly am interested in shooting portraits in natural lights and landscape photography, either in nature or of city vista's. For the most part I have been photographing mostly in the evenings, either golden hour, blue hour or some hours prior to that.

I notice that I tend to crop to varying degrees on many of my pictures and am wondering if I should have saved up a bit more money and gotten a fullframe instead. So now I am wondering. For the coming 6 to 8 months I am most likely sticking to my current setup but am strongly wondering if I shouldn't switch to fullframe in the near future. The difference between 20 and 24 megapixels isn't extreme but when wanting to have the ability to crop in it can matter and IBIS should help me get better portrait shots as well as well as better low light performance.

Would it be a waste to in the spring trade my Z50 in for something like a Z5 or Z6? Or should I invest in more primes / S line zoom lenses?

Barnie25's gear list:Barnie25's gear list
Nikon Z50 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 16-50mm F3.5-6.3 VR
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Z50 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow