1Password 8 dropping Standalone (local) vaults

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
lightandaprayer Veteran Member • Posts: 4,650
Re: 1Password 8 dropping Standalone (local) vaults

robgendreau wrote:

lightandaprayer wrote:So there would be a local cache containing all the various data including PDF copies of software licenses? And that cache could be as large as the 1Password subscription account limits?

I'm not sure. I know I can access them when my wifi is off.

Based on my reading in Take Control of iCloud, iCloud Drive leaves the original data on your Mac unless you have optimization enabled. In that case, when the local files have been deleted from your Mac after being uploaded, they may not be available if the Internet is down for some reason. Since 1Password data is stored in iCloud Drive if configured to do so, that data would also be unavailable.

I am a 1Password subscriber. Hence I don't worry about iCloud optimization for vaults. If 1Password is optimizing storage, fine. I'm not aware of that however.

I simply leave iCloud optimization disabled.  When I was syncing 1Password I used Dropbox but after a couple of years I ran into a problem; the details I cannot recall.  It was at that point I quit syncing 1Password because I only use it on one Mac these days.

I'm going to see what I can find out about 1Password Cloud storage and how it works when I have some free time.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow