Kudos to Sigma

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
primeshooter
primeshooter Veteran Member • Posts: 6,287
Kudos to Sigma

Recently I managed to drop my 14mm f/1.8 art lens off a rock at the beach (only from about 2-3 feet and luckily with the lens cap on). Pretty annoying, I have never dropped a lens or camera in my life but one day it catches up with you doesn't it. The cap was so sturdy it took the bront of it, cracking the cap at the edge. The lens was still working fine, apart from the focus ring being really stiff and not silky smooth like I was used to so I sent it off to Sigma UK after a couple emails back and forth to their UK servicing arm. I was extremely impressed that each email got a reply within 20 minutes.

The lens was sent to them on Thursday last week, arrived next day, and was back today. Four working days they took! With communication, no automated systems, whether I used email or phone - someone answered or replied very quickly. They even told me the rough cost (something Nikon seem unable to ever do), and it turned out to be bang on what they charged me. They replaced the focus cam, lens cap and a few other bits. I even had a little card from the serviing manager about how they value the customer and to contact if any issues. It's just next level stuff, but it's offered to all their customers; not just the big influencers or ambassadors on the payroll.

The service from Sigma was impeccable compared to the crappy customer service I have received many times from Nikon UK (months' to complete repairs properly, sending items back without the box, returning things unfixed, damaging a mount screw and front ring screw of a lens trying to fix it), takings days between replies to basic emails.

Nikon and from what my colleagues tell me Canon could learn a whole damn lot from Sigma I will tell you that!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow