Color Space

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
pako
pako Senior Member • Posts: 1,996
Re: Color Space

cheddarman wrote:

Quite simple, sRGB or AdobeRGB.

I have my RX10M4 set to sRGB but I've noticed that this image of a Red Admiral butterfly is more orange than red. Would setting to AdobeRGB correct this? I notice in the manual that AdobeRGB is most effective with greens and reds.

It will depend on where are you looking a the photo.
Some screens can reproduce only sRGB, others can reproduce AdobeRGB. Modern high quality screens (like your iPhone, iPad, or high quality Androids as well as good computer's monitors) can reproduce P3, that is very close to AdobeRGB. I'm not 100% sure about the RX10M4 screen, but most probably it can reproduce P3.

Also, keep in mind that white balance will directly affect the colors of the photo. So I will recommend you to shoot raw, and edit on a good quality properly calibrated monitor and you will get right with your colors, regardless the color space that you are using on camera.

-- hide signature --

Pako Dominguez
-----------------------
www.pakodominguez.photo/blog

pako's gear list:pako's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony a7R Sony a7S II Sony DT 16-105mm F3.5-5.6 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow