4/3 Oly 50mm f2 Macro vs Pana 45mm f2.8 Macro

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Leolab Junior Member • Posts: 29
Re: 4/3 Oly 50mm f2 Macro vs Pana 45mm f2.8 Macro

Hi

I personally love the Oly 4/3 50mm macro, and it looks like you have two bodies that can effectively use the lens with decent focus speed.

I also like the 45mm Panny macro lens, great sharpness and color as well, but is a full stop slower than the 50mm Oly, and at least for me having a largish prime at f2.8 on m43 is not ideal for general use. I would also say that the Panasonic lens is not the fastest focusing lens (most macros are pretty slow compared to general purpose lenses) for general use. It does have IS though which is handy.

I like the previous posters recommendation to see if the 42.5mm 1.7 will work for you instead, this is a great, small, light sharp and fast focusing lens for general tele use, and can do 'close-ups' up to 0.2x magnification...so this is a good choice if true higher-mag macro capabilities are not needed. This lens would work well on all of your bodies since it has IS and is small and fast-focusing

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow