Two dragonflies RX10iv

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
sherman_levine
OP sherman_levine Forum Pro • Posts: 13,222
Re: Two dragonflies RX10iv

Offside wrote:

sherman_levine wrote:

Offside wrote:

Nice images. I would bump the ISO higher to get to a faster shutter speed. Really no need to shoot with an ISO of less than 200.

Alan,

Thank you. Agree about the shutter speed/ISO. Camera was set to M mode with auto ISO, and I was having a bit of trouble achieving focus. Had I paid more attention to the low ISO I would have narrowed the aperture to get more DOF and/or increased the shutter speed as you suggest.

Thank you also for the interesting dragonfly link in your signature.

Big fan of dragonflies. I think for most users, f/4 produces the sharpest images. I rarely use auto ISO, and if I do, it is limited to ISO 800. If light comes and go, I will set ISO to around 400 max and concentrate on shutter speed for the exposure. If you plan to shoot more dragonflies, try incorporating a tripod in low-light conditions. Overcast skies with good light filtering is the perfect condition for image quality. Dragonflies are fairly very predictable. If you see one land a couple of times in the same spot, it will continue to do so many more times.

Alan,

Thanks for the tips.

sherman_levine's gear list:sherman_levine's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Sony RX10 IV Nikon Coolpix P950
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow