Advice on a recurrent problem lens.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ddtan Contributing Member • Posts: 968
Advice on a recurrent problem lens.

I have a 55-200mm Fuji zoom lens which I bought around Christmas last year. Shortly after that I had a problem with it that made me send it back to Fuji for repair.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/64904591

The post above describes the problem.  Anyway, I got it back and it was fixed.  It has mostly lain in my drawer since then, but yesterday I took it out on an excursion.  Turned the camera on, and the same error message showed up.  Repeated several times off and on, with same message.  When I got home, and put it on, it worked.

So now, I have lost faith in the reliability of this lens.  On 2 occasions, I’ve taken it out on a shoot, and it has not worked on me.  Of course I can send it back to Fuji to be fixed again, but I really don’t want to be left stranded again.  What other options do I have.  The lens is about 8 months old, I’m not sure B&H would take it back, would Fuji?  I don’t actually feel right selling it.  What would you do?

ddtan's gear list:ddtan's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow