RF24-105/4 performance

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Thomas A Anderson Contributing Member • Posts: 901
Re: I think it's time to go take pictures.

SteveinLouisville wrote:

Posting a 2.8MP image is not only unhelpful, it is deceptive because that critical detail that you're looking at in an image of a natural scene only appears with very high resolutions and as it is downsized everything magically looks sharper and sharper.....because the devil, as it were, is in the DETAIL.

I certainly didn't intend to deceive anyone. See one of my posts below, f4.0 and 21 MB in size. Back in the old days bandwidth and upload speed was so limited, I got in the habit of downsizing things. I can post them as large as you want, unless the server declines the upload.

Here is the same one at f8, 24 MB in size.

No, I wasn't implying you were doing something intentional to deceive.  The issue is that judging critical detail can only be done at the sensor's native resolution because anything lower will create the appearance of sharpness that the human visual perception will then interpolate in such a way as to make one believe the same level of sharpness exists at the native resolution as well.  It's just a trick of human visual perception combined with the effect of taking somewhat blurry detail and obscuring it with a lower resolution.

This f/8 image demonstrates what I mentioned in my other post about the aperture in that the f/8 image looks much better than the f/4.  Thanks for your time!

24 mb

Thomas A Anderson's gear list:Thomas A Anderson's gear list
Canon EOS R
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow