Capture One - latest update

Started Jul 19, 2021 | Discussions thread
contadorfan Senior Member • Posts: 2,575
Re: Capture One - latest update

Uh oh, not liking the new Export tab.

First of all I like putting the tools on the right side to consolidate the most used features between tool bar & tabs without having to jump all over the screen to click on things.  It minimizes mouse movement (I'm getting repetitive use issues) & keeps the cursor from crossing into the big picture too often.

I used to add the Process icon to the tool bar or add it to the Quick tab.  When I finished editing a raw file, I'd Process the file, sending it the resulting jpeg to the source file.  This meant processing one file at a time, but that way I never overwhelmed my computer. It only took, at most, 15 seconds to process a file, and I could move on to the next raw to decide what edits it needed while the previous file processed.  Accessing the Process icons were quick & easy, and my computer didn't rev up, choking on processing a bunch of files.

Now that option is gone. The only option is to click on the Export tab waaaaay up in the left corner (or a 3 finger key combo).  I don't think I want to do that for single files every time they need processing.  Which means I have to batch process/export.  Which means a sluggish computer & the fan revving up.

Admittedly, I haven't tried exporting batches of files yet.  Maybe it won't be so bad.  But I'm not optimistic, and I miss my old work habit already.  Wish I could at least drag the Export icon over to the right instead of clicking on the upper left to open, then clicking on the lower right to complete.  Inefficient ergonomics.

-- hide signature --

"Never let good clouds go to waste." -- Margaret Bourke-White

contadorfan's gear list:contadorfan's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 115 IS Sony a99 II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow