I will be the first :-)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
gardenersassistant Veteran Member • Posts: 8,912
Re: I will be the first :-)

Donald B wrote:

Each to there own i just wish People would not turn this into a competition,

I agree. But you wrote in response to John, "I have yet to see any fly image you have shot with this much detail." That seems to me to be distinctly competitive, and actually in the nature of a put-down.

Be that as it may, what brought me into this discussion was that your "I have yet to see any fly image you have shot with this much detail" seemed invalid to me in terms of a comparison because the amount of detail that can be obtained from single shots in the field (including yours of course) is not comparable to what can be achieved with focus stacking in the field, and even more so focus stacking in a studio. Whether they were captured in the field was therefore relevant to how appropriate or not your comparison was.

Clarifying that had and has nothing to do with views anyone may have about one sort of close-up/macro photography being intrinsically better than another, something incidentally which I don't believe. There are many different sorts of close-up/macro photography and I don't believe any of them is intrinsically better than another.

im shooting what im shooting because im bored with seeing the same old same old, If you and john want to shoot bugs in the wild , go for it dont let me stop you both, but i enjoy shooting extreme macro and wont be swayed by anyone into believing that shooting a fly on a plant is better or worst.

You imply here that someone, which must I suppose be John or me, is attempting to persuade you that photographing invertebrates in the wild is better than photographing them in a studio. I don't think either of us has suggested that, or implied it, or believes it. And I have complemented you on your detailed stacks enough for you to know that I appreciate them.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow