13x19 printer that clears clogs easily?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
PHXAZCRAIG
OP PHXAZCRAIG Forum Pro • Posts: 17,967
Now considering Canon Pro-300 or Pro-1000

Looked at several printers mentioned here and ran across a review of the Pro 200 and Pro 300.  I'm leaning towards the pigment-based Pro 300 - but still a bit worried about clogging.   At least you don't have to throw away the printer if the head is too clogged to clear.

But the review then mentioned "Why get the Pro-300 when the Pro-1000 is available at not that much more?"

And so I'm thinking about it.   I don't do much printing, but then I've never been able to print that big before either.  Plus I've gotten into all kinds of new stuff since Covid shut so many things down.  Printing may be for me - who knows.

The price doesn't bother me, by the way.   I just want a good but also reliable printer that's not going to get thrown away (again - will be 3rd time) due to unsolvable clogs.

(I'll give this printer another chance to clear things this week before pulling trigger on anything.  But I tell you I just hate using expensive ink as a solvent.  I think there should be a set of cleaning cartridges one can put in or something that works without using ink.)

-- hide signature --

Phoenix Arizona Craig
www.cjcphoto.net
"I miss the days when I was nostalgic."

PHXAZCRAIG's gear list:PHXAZCRAIG's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 +37 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow