My Mate 20 Pro is dying, have the midrange caught up?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Jostian
Jostian Veteran Member • Posts: 4,721
Re: My Mate 20 Pro is dying, have the midrange caught up?

Boss of Sony wrote:

Tobiasstarmose wrote:

Hi,

So making a long story short, I have a Mate 20 Pro, its rear glass is broken (2nd time), and the ultra wide is unusable due to a broken outer lens.

The speaker is also on its way out.

I can fix the broken parts, but that is not totally free (parts).

Or I can get a midrange replacement like the Realme Note 10 Pro that seems to be the best midrange camera right now.

Have any body compared the two directly in regards to photo quality?

The main sensor on the Mate 20 pro is still really good, but I have never really been that impressed with the UW, to the point where I dont use it, witch is a shame, as it have part of the reason to get the phone.

I hope that this is has not been answered before, is so just refer me to that thread

Cheeres

I enjoy the UWA lens on my Mate 20 Pro. Couldn't live without it. But most mid-range and flagship phones have similar or better UWA lenses now.

Huawei's processing is still great, other OEMs still over process. Mate 20 pro still one of the best phone out there and with GMS support.

-- hide signature --
 Jostian's gear list:Jostian's gear list
Panasonic LX100 II Canon EOS R5 Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 15-35mm F2.8L IS USM 808 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow