SanDisk 128 Extreme Pro Won't Mount on iMac

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Christi Dee Forum Member • Posts: 96
Re: SanDisk 128 Extreme Pro Won't Mount on iMac

Mettaman49 wrote:

Just bought a SanDisk 128 memory card and it won't mount on my iMac running IOS Big Sur 11.4. The iMac loads my other memory cards without a problem, except this one and the only difference is the capacity.

What's confusing is that my MacBook Pro using the same OS mounts the 128 card - but not the iMac. Apple support says the 128 card is compatible with my iMac.

Using the iMac Disk Utility I see that the card is recognized but that's about it. I've tried the troubleshooting steps I can find online, except for the one that might fix the issue. Apple support doesn't have a answer, although I see other iMac users reporting the same issue. I'm going to try a second 128 SanDisc card when it arrives. Maybe the card is defective.

Suggestions welcome. Thanks!

Obsolete software applications (e.g., disk vehicle driver) can cause numerous problems on Mac, which SD card won't mount is just one of them. It's feasible that the os will end up being slow, and the connected tool may not operate appropriately. After that, the exterior hard drive won't turn up on Mac. Fortunately, you can easily update the software application on Mac.

1. Update the software on macOS. If you have actually upgraded to macOS Mojave or above, you should choose "System Preferences" from the Apple menu. After that, click "Software Update" to look for updates. If any kind of update is available, click "Update Now." After that, restart your Mac and also put your SD card once more.

2. Update the software on earlier macOS versions. Just introduce the Mac App Store, click the "Update" tab on the leading, and afterward select the "Update All."

If you claim an SD card not installing and indicate that you can not even see the SD card on Mac, you are out of luck. When the SD card is turning up no place in the Mac, the SD card may be literally damaged or have equipment concerns. In this case, you can send the SD card to neighborhood professionals for aid. Yet if the SD card shows up in Disk Utility, simply not placing. However, you have a chance to prevent information loss by using information recovery software, like iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
lft
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow