Going on vacation with my RX100M7

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Guy Parsons
Guy Parsons Forum Pro • Posts: 36,895
Re: Going on vacation with my RX100M7

oRBIT2002 wrote:

rodeknyt wrote:

oRBIT2002 wrote:

I'm also shooting in 4K video, 30fps, 60megabit. That looks awesome (but I miss a feature to take a photo at the same time, haven't found it anyway).

As far as I know, if you use the red video button on the back of the camera to start/stop video shooting, you can press the shutter button on top to grab a still shot during video shooting.

I've done that when shooting video. I know I was shooting 1080 resolution, so that may not work when set to 4K.

I've never got this working no matter which resolution/framerate I pick. Pressing the shutter-button just shows a camera-symbol with a stopsign in the topleft corner sort of..

The useful alternative is to use the 4K video and grab a frame from it using something like the free VLC https://www.videolan.org/vlc/

The resulting 8MP image is good for most purposes as long as a faster than usual shutter speed (than recommended for video) was used.

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow