Help with post processing?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Alex Wray New Member • Posts: 7
Help with post processing?

So I’m fairly new to photography but over the past few months have gotten more serious about trying to get some photos that are beyond the snapshots that I have been taking so far. I feel like I have finally gotten some decent gear and have watched a bunch of YouTube videos and am getting better at getting a decent image from the camera now that I am paying more attention to the light and taking the time to get closer to the birds I am trying to photograph. The area where I am really struggling is in the editing that comes once the images are downloaded to my computer. I have been using Luminar 4 to edit but I’m not totally sold on it. I have no doubt that the software isn’t the limiting factor here, but for whatever reason I am just really struggling to get the sort of look that I am after for my final output. I am including what I think it a representative example of one of my best shots. I think it looks OK but the look I really want is something like this photographer:

B.N. Singh | Flickr

The colors are so bright and vivid, and everything really pops out. I’m sure some of it has to do with the quality of the light this photographer gets but I can’t help but to think that the editing of the photos after they have been taken is also an important factor. If you’re still reading, I’d like to ask for advice oh how to get this sort of look in my images.

Thanks

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow