Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
SteveinLouisville
SteveinLouisville Senior Member • Posts: 1,223
Re: RF24-105/4 performance

Peak freak wrote:

SteveinLouisville wrote:

Peak freak wrote:

buellom wrote:

If you want prime lens IQ, use a prime lens. (Or the 28-70/2 maybe.)

That said, your photo looks a little soft in general, softer than I would expect, given that I have the RF24-105 and I think it's very good. I was never happy with my EF24-105. Then I dropped it, the inner tube broke, Canon repaired it and tuned it for me to my camera. From this moment on it was really good.

Thanks but not necessary. Examples from other posters clearly illustrate that this lens is capable of producing excellent results that more than meet my demands.

Keep in mind the tree example has minimum sharpening, but even when sharpened things don't look great.

I have an EF 24-105 Mk1 that, in short, produces better results at 35mm on my EOS R than the RF.

Perhaps redundant but two I shot at a local park today, at f4 and f8. Focus point was the gap in the middle (where a tornado went through the park in 1974). They look pretty good to me!

f4

f8

Great thanks Steve. Nothing wrong with that performance, even f4.

I might try some similar shots when I get the chance (winter in here in New Zealand, we've had record flooding). I have been advised to be very specific with Canon so will provide them with as much info as I can.

Good back story regarding the tornado!

That big grassy area in the foreground used to be completely wooded. Tornado ripped them all out, came off the ground (where the gap is) and set back down about 200 meters further, and tore out another huge tract of trees.

Tornado's path:

SteveinLouisville's gear list:SteveinLouisville's gear list
Canon EOS RP Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow