Old full frame Canon's are such a good deal

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
DannH Contributing Member • Posts: 544
Re: My old tech 6D Mk I is difficult to beat..

quiquae wrote:

Excellent images from a camera I still regret selling sometimes. There was always something about its RAW that made it more painless to process for pleasing results than EOS R, which supposedly has a better sensor. I might go back and buy one again if I can find it on the cheap...

If you shoot portraits a lot, you may want to consider upgrading since mirrorless cameras let you focus on the eye more reliably, focus peaking being difficult on the 6D’s viewfinder and iffy in live view. But for landscapes, there is comparatively little reason to upgrade unless you’re dying to use the new RF lenses.

Thanks, I tend to shoot family portraits or landscape, so mainly shots of the kids. I've heard really good things about the autofocus system on the latest mirrorless camera's and it would be the main reason for me to upgrade when I do finally retire my 6d.

I can't really justify the price of the R6 at the moment though, when the only real reason for me to upgrade would be the improved AF system. I think i'll leave it a couple of years to see if prices drop from newer models.

Other than price, one of the reasons that does put me off moving to mirrorless is the reduced battery life and the fact i'd have to use an adapter (I have no intention of replacing my EF lenses anytime soon).

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow