Two MacBook Pros (one client provided) Sharing Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
(unknown member) New Member • Posts: 18
Two MacBook Pros (one client provided) Sharing Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse

I wanted to change my home setup to have my two MacBook pros (one for personal use and the other provided by client) sharing same Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse on the same desk. My typical work is 4AM-7AM work on my stuff then 8AM - 7PM work on client work. During the day, if I get a break, I use my machine to check email and just browse the internet.

When I work on client assignments, it is very useful to have both laptop and monitor on at same time because you often need video conf on laptop and editing monitor open. Right now I have keyboards/mice plugged into both and it kills desk space where I need to take notes all day long. If I want to check my laptop I have to unplug it from USB C hub which is super flaky and gets insanely hot.

Please assume that I can buy any monitor with HDMI switching or KVM as needed. My working budget for this is about $5K but honestly would gladly spend more if it made me more productive. That is, would buy another monitor for example.

Truly appreciate any advice!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow