*** CIC 220: Summertime ***

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Sue Anne Rush
Sue Anne Rush Senior Member • Posts: 3,069
Re: Spock and Kirk

Beautiful. 

Alastair Norcross wrote:

Paul asked to see a picture of Spock (especially the ears), so here's one. Unfortunately I lost the original file when a hard drive crashed (I've since adopted a policy of backing up to two hard drives at once), so this is the small web-sized version downloaded from Smugmug:

Definitely a Vulcan cat.

And here's Kirk:

We adopted them both from the Humane Society in 2009. As you can see, Spock's ears have extra pointy bits, so we had to call her Spock. That meant that we also had to call the other one Kirk (and he looks a bit like how I imagine William Shatner would look if he were reincarnated as a cat). Unfortunately, Kirk had a congenital heart defect, and only lived about four more years (he was around 2 when we adopted him). After he died, Spock started to get a bit pudgy, from not having another cat to run around with, so we knew we had to adopt another. And, of course, once the Star Trek theme had started, we had no choice but to continue it, so that's how McCoy got his name. We've never been dog people, but if we were, we'd have to get a scotty dog, and call it Scotty.

-- hide signature --

Sue Anne Rush

Sue Anne Rush's gear list:Sue Anne Rush's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D X Mark III
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow