Color rendition - 50s/r vs 100s

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
henrikbengtsson Senior Member • Posts: 1,496
Color rendition - 50s/r vs 100s

I keep hearing from different users on different forums (such as the GFX group on FB) that they are not as pleased with the color rendition from the 100s compared to the 50s. When I ask what they don't like in particular and how they are different, the answers are usually somewhat vague. Just that the 50s paints a prettier picture.

I know many others such as Canon have (intended or not) changed their "look" when introducing new sensors and camera models. And I know that different Fuji cameras have a slightly different rendering even when using the same film simulations.

So what is the story with the GFX100s? I would have thought that on this level they would make the output very close to the earlier models.

Has anyone noticed this? I am talking about RAW and how colors are rendered with the original film simulation profiles in ACR

henrikbengtsson's gear list:henrikbengtsson's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS Fujifilm GFX 50S Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow