Sony a7rii vs a6600

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 19,317
Re: Sony a7rii vs a6600. Are you serious?

Mike Fewster wrote:

Donald B wrote:

Mike Fewster wrote:

sportyaccordy wrote:

JRaw wrote:

tqlla wrote:

Euell wrote:

sportyaccordy wrote:

Euell wrote:

JRaw wrote:

They're about the same price. Is the a7rii a better buy overall? Photography and some video.

if you are considering the A7Rii in the full frame line, you are likely on a budget, That suggests that you will not be purchasing the best Sony has to offer in full frame lenses. Since the objective of full frame is higher quality, particularly in lower light, the lenses will make a big difference. I own both a full frame Sony (A7Riii) and an APSC Sony (6500). For most shots you get a fine rendition from the Sony APSC cameras. For overall versatility I would definitely recommend the A6600 over the A7Rii, even though you get a bit better exposure latitude and less noise in the shadows with the full frame. If you feel you absolutely must have a full frame Sony R on a budget, you should probably look into purchasing an A7Riii or A7Riv used with a low shutter count.

A7III also combines the A6500's versatility & AF with FF IQ and ergos for not much more than the A7R2

IMO it's a much better buy for someone looking for a general purpose body

If you are on a budget or concerned with the cost of lenses and/or the size of zoom lenses, the 6600 is a better bet. For most shots you won’t be able to tell the difference between a photo raken with an A6600 and an A7iii. If size and expense are not major issues, then I agree 100%.

Are APSC lenses cheaper? If you are looking for fast and wide APSC lenses, the APSC lenses get pricey. IE that 16-55mm F2.8 has a $1400 MSRP. You can get the Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 for cheaper, and with 42MP you can crop in for extra range.

Once you equalize them for focal length/aperture, the FF lenses, IMO are a better bargain.

I'd really like to get the 20 f1.8 to any camera I get. I realize that good glass is important.

Do you need a quicker camera to shoot street? Is the a7rii too slow?

A7R2 def has the worst AF of the cameras in the convo

If AF is a priority you should consider the A6600

I don't know who gave the Donald B post a thumbs up score, IMHO it is definitely misleading.

I think you need to do your home work

Don

I'm having trouble here believing that you are serious. The Sony A9 is widely regarded as one of the world's very fastest af cameras with its incredible tracking used in conjunction with the AF. The result is the highest rate of AF keepers likely to be found in regular cameras. I do a lot of photography and generally know my photo stuff. I make my living from it these days.

Help me out. Show me the reviews or whatever that indicate that an A7R2 has AF at the same level as an A9 series. You need to be more specific than "imaging resource"

Im not here to hand feed you ,do your own home work.

Don

single shots not a burst , they are leaping from a standing position not flying through the air.

-- hide signature --

Sony A7r2 , A6300
http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/9412035244
past toys. k100d, k10d,k7,fz5,fz150,500uz,canon G9, Olympus xz1 em5mk1, em5mk2, em1mk2.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow