New Laowa 100mm owner :)

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Blokfluitist
OP Blokfluitist Contributing Member • Posts: 748
Re: New Laowa 100mm owner :)

DixonLau wrote:

Blokfluitist wrote:

I just got myself a Laowa 100mm Ultra Macro lens and I have the Canon EF version mounted on a Canon R5 with the EF-RF adaptor. I am somewhat disappointed to discover that the camera's in-body stabilisation doesn't work with it but I do have focus peaking and focus assist. I think it's going to be a challenging lens to use well, but I look forward to getting to grips with it. I'd be interested in any tips from other owners?

This is one of my very first pics, taken this afternoon.

1/200 @ f/5.6, ISO 800, somewhere between 1:1 and 1.5:1.

Rose

That is very artistic look of shot. Very nice.

Congratulation on your new macro lens. I own it too. It is an excellent lens, value-for-money, sharp.

If your lens doesn't come with any front filter glass, go get one. Mainly to prevent dust get into the lens. Any clear glass filter will do.

Thank you!  I am mostly a creative photographer who likes to get close up sometimes, so the Laowa is an affordable and interesting lens to use. Yes, it came with a front filter, which I keep on. I haven't used it for a few weeks as I've been having fun converting some projector lenses, so I ought to have a play with it again today

Blokfluitist's gear list:Blokfluitist's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow